Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Kung hei fat choi! - Living the high life

Happy Chinese New Year Friends!!! Figured this to be the perfect opportunity to jump start my blogging again (seeing I missed the January 1st mark), glad the Chinese calendar offers us with a second chance to refresh those resolutions...at least for those who may have already broke theirs ;0) hehe

So here we go...
Living the high life

On the four planes I've been on these last two weeks, I've been fortunate enough to have been seated by the window. A lot of people vie for the coveted window seats in hopes of landing the most comfortable seat on the plane, because you have the wall/window of the plane to lean your head on those lengthy flights. For me, the window seat is my chance to play out one of my fantasies of being able to fly, to see what birds see, and feel like a little cherub you see on those paintings just chillin' on a fluffy cloud. Every time I get on that seat, I'm like a little kid with my face flat up against the glass, trying to see as far as I can below, and towards the horizon. My most favorite part is when the plane is either descending or ascending, slowly going between cloud layers or hovering inside one, such an amazing place for me! Unlike most weary travelers, I'm fully alert when I'm on that window seat, especially when I know the sun is about to break into the horizon. 
hehe..this time made sure my camera was on hand and ready
 The colors of the sun setting and rising are just breathtaking when you're up that high. I wonder if pilots ever lose interest in seeing things like these...
used my camera's 30x zoom to try and get close to that horizon
...added a little vignetting too for effect ;0)
Unfortunately these pictures only do half justice to how the real thing looks, but that's why everyone should travel more and grab the window seat as often as you can! There's so many levels of beauty in this world, staying in one place, in one level, is almost like living in a one dimensional world! I know I sound like some cheesy travel guide or airline commercial, but when you see the view from above, you kind of see where they're coming from.

this one I swear I took, almost looks like a painting right?

took this one too...the sun setting over a cloudy Luzon area
amazing.
If I had my camera at arms length the whole time I would have probably 3 times as many pictures. I think Richard Branson (owner/innovator of Virgin) is really on to something with its new Virgin Galactic spacecrafts. It's an expensive plane ticket, but getting to see the view from way up in outer space is something I bet not many of us ever fathomed to be possible (for us non-astronauts at least). Now if you can somehow scrounge up $200,000 the chance is all yours to take! If given the opportunity I would definitely go...imagine all the photos I would have on this page!!! Plus all the super cheesy mumbo jumbo I would be filling my blog with, about the beauty, not just of our planet but of the universe (haha...probably best to just let the pictures do the talking). 

Here's to hoping I stumble upon $200,000, if not at least some income/job that will allow me to be on more plane rides so I can take more "awe-inspiring" images ;0)

Peace, love & window seats travelers!

1 comment: